Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Mango Tree Part II

After a glorious 2 month run, last week my mango tree could give no more. The joy that the tree provided me was unmatched by any other tree I have known. A moment of silence, please.


Thank you.

When the tree was overflowing with mangoes, I would simply get up each morning, go search under the tree and find three or four ripe mangoes that had fallen the night before. They were perfect and ready to eat. And eat a lot of them I did. I was eating two to three mangoes a day over this stretch! Eventually, something happened that I never imagined could happen, I actually started to get a little worn out on them.

Along the way, I started having a building a stockpile of mango reserves. To alleviate this problem, I started giving mangoes away to friends, neighbors and kids that stopped by my house. And I kept giving and giving. All toll, I easily gave away 200 mangoes!

So now, I face the coming month’s mango free. It will be tough. I’m not going to lie. But don’t worry; my orange tree is starting to flourish.

No comments: