Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Mural

Almost every visitor to my house has had the same complaint- it is bare and boring. Trust me, I would like to spruce it up some, but between limited creativity and limited resources I just don’t have many options. So for well over a year, I had a pretty plain house.

That changed when my sisters and brother-in-law came to visit in February. As I mentioned previously, my brother-in-law is a very talented artist (check out the site, he has a ton of new stuff). That was step one in the equation. Step two was I had some leftover paint from the world map project I did, so there was that. And what do you get when you put the two together? Well, of course, an awesome mural.

The centerpiece of the mural is Dan’s take on the devil masks that are made in a nearby community. Also, there are many things that are prevalent in my community: fish, nets, ants (I have a ton of them!) and boats.

When I went to bed the night Dan painted this, he had nothing started. However, by the time I woke up the next morning, there it was, done. I was pretty blown away by it. And nearly every visitor to my house has been too, including some kids who have just stared at it for a while. However, my favorite was a neighbor who stopped by, liked it, and asked me when I could paint one at their house. Yeah, I’ll get right on that.

2 comments:

CoCo said...

Nice. I always wished my campo house had a mural on it when I was in Panama.

Boquete Real Estate said...

I love that mural! I have one similar in my living room in Boquete.