Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Yearning/Craving

KRAMER: Do you ever yearn?
GEORGE: Yearn? Do I yearn?
KRAMER: I yearn.
GEORGE: You yearn.
KRAMER: Oh, yes. Yes, I yearn. Often, I...I sit...and yearn. Have you yearned?
GEORGE: Well, not recently. I craved. I crave all the time, constant craving...but I haven't yearned.


That last line from George about sums up my feelings pretty, pretty good about being away from American food for 14 months. I’m not going to lie, at times it has been difficult, but I’ve never yearned. Just constant craving. With that in mind, here are some things that I’ve craved:

My Mom’s Homemade Chicken Pot Pie: It might even been better reheated.

My Aunt Randy’s Fresh Green Beans: Boy, I’m going to miss these at Thanksgiving.

The Baconator: Greatest sandwich ever? Just kidding, I’ve never had one of these before.

Colasessano Pepporoni Roll: Fresh out of the oven. Covered in sauce and cheese. Mmmmm.

Pad Thai: Preferably from Thai Tanic in DC.

Arby’s 5 for 5 Roast Beef: Yes, I know they cut it down to 4 for 5, but this is my list. So it’s 5 for 5.

My Aunt Rai’s Mashed Potatoes: Whipped perfectly, always. Another thing I’ll miss at Thanksgiving.

A Juicy Steak: At this point, I would take about anything.

A Spicy …

…you know what, I better quit before my craving turns into yearning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, those mashed potatoes are from Raianna.....so get your facts strait. JJ

Anonymous said...

wooopppsss just realized you did write Rai...sorry about it, enjoy your cravings