Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Dylan

While it might be true that I’m the only white poet warlord in my community, that’s not to say the Dylan brand doesn’t exist outside of me in my parts.

Case in point #1


As you can see that’s me, holding a young child that lives in my community. You might have guessed it, but the kid's name is Dylan! And before you wonder, no it’s not Dylan Jr. It just so happened that there was already someone named Dylan here before me. I guess he was the test run to see if I would work here. It can be confusing for me when I am around him. I just didn’t expect another Dylan around me, especially not a Panamanian.

Case in point #2



This photo is of a hair salon in the bigger city near my community. I’m not thrilled to have my name attached to such an enterprise, so let’s just move on.

Case in point #3



Oh that’s right. A popular, international clothing line bearing my name is prevalent here. It’s quite a hoot, really, especially when I see someone from my community wearing one. The one thing I can’t decide is whether I should be owning and wearing some of these t-shirts. I mean would Calvin Klein be caught wearing a ‘Calving Klein Jeans’ t-shirt? I don’t know; I’m asking you. I could totally see Tommy Hilfiger wearing one of his shirts, though.

Whatever the case, I'm kind of a big deal down here.

No comments: